Wednesday 11 January 2012

Ban Chinese Lanterns

Some of you may remember my post on the dangers of Chinese lanterns. It has become my most highly viewed post and I think this highlights that a lot of people are feeling the same way about them. When the come down during the night and land in fields they can harm your horses. I have found them twice in our horses' field and once one of the horses had cut its mouth trying to eat it.



On my facebook page it has been brought to my attention that there is now a petition that can be signed to ban the use of these Chinese lanterns in the UK. All you have to do is fill in your name, address and email address and then click the link on an email to confirm your email address. They need 100,000 people by August so get everyone you know to sign up. I have added the link of this to the bottom of my old post as well so people that may come across the post can sign it.

Click here to sign the petition!

Thank you!

I am now back at university studying for my exams. I start exams on Tuesday and finish on the 28th so I probably wont be posting much until then. Sorry I did not take any good photographs of Trooper over the winter. The weather was rainy and I kept forgetting my camera! He is coming on really well with his rehab work after his tendon injury and we have just started cantering him before I came home. I have spotted him rearing and bucking in the field with no problem so I think it is pretty much healed now. We have reduced his bute down to every other day so the next thing will be stopping that all together. Hopefully when I am home at Easter he will be back to his normal level.

Love Laura
xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've signed up Laura. I couldn't agree with you more. They are a menace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...