All of the modules I am taking in my first semester are compulsory. There are;
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Principles of Nutrition
- Immunology, Parasitology and Bacteriology
- Endocrinology, Growth and Development
- Statistics for Experimental Scientists
In my second semester I only have 1 compulsory module. I then get to chose all of the others and I have to confirm this choice tomorrow.There are as follows;
- Emerging Veterinary Science (compulsory)
- Equine Nutrition
- Livestock Nutrition
- Equine Behaviour
- Molecular Genetics of Production Animals
I am not sure yet but I may be doing my dissertation into the effect wormers have on the microbial population in the hind gut of horses and ponies.
A lot of my posts will be in these areas of the next year! I have a number of lectures but also have to do a lot of my own researching and I will be focusing my extra reading mainly on equines.