Tuesday 27 September 2011

My Modules!

This year for my masters course I have to take 180 credits rather than the usual 120. My dissertation will be done in the summer and is worth 60 credits. All of my other modules are either worth 10 or 20 credits.

All of the modules I am taking in my first semester are compulsory. There are;

  • Animal Breeding and Genetics
  • Principles of Nutrition
  • Immunology, Parasitology and Bacteriology
  • Endocrinology, Growth and Development
  • Statistics for Experimental Scientists

In my second semester I only have 1 compulsory module. I then get to chose all of the others and I have to confirm this choice tomorrow.There are as follows;


  • Emerging Veterinary Science (compulsory)
  • Equine Nutrition
  • Livestock Nutrition
  • Equine Behaviour
  • Molecular Genetics of Production Animals 
I am not sure yet but I may be doing my dissertation into the effect wormers have on the microbial population in the hind gut of horses and ponies. 

A lot of my posts will be in these areas of the next year! I have a number of lectures but also have to do a lot of my own researching and I will be focusing my extra reading mainly on equines.


Love Laura
xxxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...