Wednesday 11 April 2012

Just A Little Update!

Trooper is doing really well at the moment when I ride him. I am still wary of his tendon and don't want to put it under too much pressure but he is not feeling stiff at all. I have been doing a lot of bending work by riding small circles, figures of eights and serpentines. I feel like this is putting some pressure on his leg but not quite as much as collection or lateral work.



I was bringing him out of the field the other day when he dragged me across to a bucket. There was a small step in front of it and he tripped onto his knees. Either on the way down or the way back up he trod on my foot and it really hurt! I had to go and sit down for a while and there was a mark there straight away.I couldn't walk properly for a while. I did it on Thursday and it is still bruised but it has stopped hurting now.

I have also got a new pair of riding gloves recently! They were the ones I wrote about in a post a while ago. Click here to see the post. It took me a while to get round to buying them but I have got them now. They are a perfect fit as they come in lots of sizes. I got them in the colour caramel. I originally wanted the khaki ones but they were out of stock. My first impressions are that they are really nice to ride in. Hopefully they will be durable but they are quite thin so I will have to wait and see. Watch this space for a review!

I am busy with university work as usual but I also need to write some more of my posts on some of GB's top riders as I was meant to be doing this every Sunday but I have forgotten to do it the last two week.

We have booked our journeys to and from the Olympics now. It was a bit of a shock to see the train was going to cost around £500 return for the 3 of us for the Cross Country day. This was also including a 20 minute walk and various tube rides. . I went to look for a bus we could catch from London Euston Train Station to Greenwich Park and I ended up finding a coach that went from Crewe (which is reasonably near by) to Greenwich Park and was £120 for the 3 of us. Unfortunately the coach is only going to Greenwich Park for the Cross Country day so we have had to make other travel arrangements for the dressage.
I would definitely recommend having a good look around before you book your travel for the Olympics because some of the prices seem extortionate! Some of the train tickets haven't been released yet as it is not close enough to the time. The train tickets we were looking at were "Olympic" ones, in which you needed an Olympic ticket to buy one. I would guess that some cheaper ones will be available when the normal ones are released but I am sure they will sell out quickly. It also doesn't help that to get to many of the events on time you need to travel in rush hour. I did find the Olympic website quite useful with regards to finding ways to travel and this is where I found the coach. Click here to go to the website.

I am going to watch a show jumping clinic with Ben Maher this evening. I am really looking forward to it as his horses always look amazing when he enters the arena. Hopefully I will be able to write a post on the evening.

Love Laura
xxxx

1 comment:

Edward said...

Good to hear Trooper’s tendon is doing well. Sorry to hear about your foot I hope it gets better soon, horses can be ever so clumsy.

The new gloves look very smart from the photo in your glove post, I ride in Macwet long cuffed gloves they are very thin and quite good for grip but not really the best looking gloves around. I don’t think we’ll be going to the Olympics, we’re planning on going to Burghley Horse Trials this year, about time too.

Enjoy watching the show jumping clinic :)
Regards
Edward

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...