I bought the things to decorate it with from eBay. The ribbon was a similar colour to the dresses we wore and so were the flowers. The flowers had wire coming out of them which I could wind around the horseshoe to keep them in place. I also got some blue beads that looked like pearls and some elastic.
The farrier had cleaned the horseshoe for me so I started by spray painting it silver. Once both sides had dried I put the elastic and the ribbon through the top whole on each side. I had the ribbon so that it was in a loop at the top and I tied the elastic and ribbon in a knot at the back.
I then started putting beads onto the elastic. I put enough to cover the distance from one while in the horseshoe to the next. I then put a flower through each whole and wound the wire around the horseshoe and the flower itself to keep it in place. I carried on doing this all the way around. Sometimes I used new pieces of elastic so if one part broke it wouldn't all fall off.